In the dining room you have to provide at least 1 extinguishing unit per 150m² per floor. We recommend at least one 6l foam fire extinguisher for this purpose. This fire extinguisher protects you against all fires involving solids. You can read more about it in our article Which fire extinguisher do I need?
Professional kitchens - restaurant kitchens
In the kitchen, separate object protection must be provided in the form of a 5kg CO2 extinguisher. This extinguisher protects you against all types of fires. The CO2 extinguisher also leaves no residue and is therefore ideal to protect the kitchen and any food from collateral damage. With CO2 extinguishers, you can also easily extinguish electric fires or burning live appliances.
A fire blanket is also indispensable. Fire blankets are ideal in addition to your fire extinguishers. They can be used immediately in the event of a small fire
Also remember to attach a fire extinguisher pictogram above the fire extinguisher. This is mandatory. The pictograms indicating the (emergency) output are also a must. A successful evacuation starts with a good indication!
What is recommended?
- A 5kg CO2 fire extinguisher
- A 6-litre foam extinguisher
- A fire blanket of 1.2m x 1.8m EN1869 inspected
- Fire extinguisher icon
Proper fire prevention is essential. That's why brandbeveiligingshop has put together a specialised fire protection pack for you, which will make your brasserie or restaurant a lot safer. The catering fire protection pack includes:
- 1 6l foam extinguisher: Foam extinguishers are filled with water and a foaming agent that banks the fire and removes the oxygen. A major advantage of a foam extinguisher is that it has a longer extinguishing time than a powder extinguisher and causes less collateral damage. that makes it a very popular extinguisher.
- 1 5kg CO2 extinguisher : The CO2 fire extinguisher is often used in environments with valuable items, (expensive, sensitive) electrical equipment. CO2 extinguishers are therefore the ideal fire extinguishers for (professional) kitchens because they hardly cause any damage when extinguishing the fire.
- 2 brackets: 1 for the foam extinguisher, 1 for the CO2 extinguisher.
- 1 fire blanket 1.2m x 1.8m EN1869 approved: a fire blanket is an indispensable item to get small starting fires in the kitchen under control quickly.
- 2 extinguisher pictograms