There is always a fire risk when working with materials. We therefore recommend the following measures to prevent fire.
- The general rule also applies here: at least 1 extinguishing unit per 150m² per floor. Please refer to our article How many and which fire units/fires extinguishers do I need for professional use and apartments? for more detailed information on the quantity and location of fire extinguishers.
- Fire extinguishers and fire reels are easily accessible for everyone at any time (within 20m).
- If you have to do any fire-hazardous work (welding, grinding, soldering), fire extinguishers must be present within 5 metres of the work. Make sure, of course, that when you work with fire hazards, as little flammable material as possible is present in the immediate vicinity.
- Provide enough suitable fire extinguishers. In a factory you often have to cover large areas. Larger fire extinguishers (9l/9kg) are therefore recommended.
- Water is not a suitable extinguishing agent for extinguishing some materials. In addition, extinguishers can cause unnecessary collateral damage (e.g. damage to electronics). That is why it is necessary to make well-informed choices, keeping the items present in the work space in mind.
- Our mobile fire extinguishers can be easily moved and are therefore ideal because they carry a large amount of water and can thus cover a large area. The number of fire extinguishers required depends on the size and nature of the factory. If the extinguishers are exposed to elements and there is a risk of freezing temperatures, we recommend working with powder. Trolleys are available with powder, foam and CO2.
- If a fire breaks out, the damage can be limited if the fire is extinguished quickly. Everyone must therefore be able to find the right fire extinguishers/fire reels quickly. Clearly mark the places where the fire extinguishers/fire reels can be found with an fire extinguisher or fire reel safety pictogram.