The legislation provides for different requirements to make a construction site fire safe. Because of the various activities and materials present, there is a high fire risk. Correct fire prevention is therefore essential. We'll take a look at what the rules are in which area.
Office, canteen, changing room, laundry room or sanitary facilities
- There must be at least 1 powder extinguisher 6kg per 30m² that must be placed in an easily accessible place.
- If there are electrical cabinets and installations, 1 CO2 fire extinguisher 5kg must be present per cabinet.
- Escape routes must be marked with the necessary pictograms.
- The emergency exit must also be indicated by a pictogram. It is also recommended to emergency lighting.
- A first-aid kit must be available so that in the event of an accident, any injuries can be taken care of.
- There must be at least 1 powder extinguisher 6kg per 30m² in each shed.
Container (as storage space)
- There must be at least 1 powder extinguisher 6kg per 30m² in each container.
- If fats are stored in the container, we recommend also installing a foam-fat extinguisher 6l.