- Most appliances are maintenance free, so don't open them, except to replace the batteries. Opening the device will invalidate the warranty.
- Only clean the outside of the appliance with a soft, dry cloth or brush.
- Before cleaning, disconnect the units from all power sources. The detector must never come into contact with any liquid. A slightly damp cloth is allowed.
- Cleaning the detector with the soft brush of a vacuum cleaner is also permitted.
- Do not use carboxylic cleaning products or gasoline, alcohol, or similar products. They have a corrosive effect on the surface of the devices. Besides, the vapors flammable and are dangerous for your health.
- Do not use sharp instruments, screwdrivers, metal brushes or similar items to clean.
- Never paint or cover the detector with tape.
In order to be sure, consult the manual of your smoke detector.